Bugs, list them here!

managing your money on the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch

Bugs, list them here!

Postby NickA » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:00 pm

If you have bugs, list them here. I'm preparing an update and want to try and address as many as possible. I know some of you have created individual threads with your bug, but I'd like to get them all in one place.

Please provide a screen shot(s) if more explanation is needed.

Also, read prior posts to see if your bug has already been reported by someone else (duplicate bug posts will be deleted to keep things tidy).

Thanks!
NickA

Re: Bugs, list them here!

Postby romod » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Memo field covered up in new transaction entry:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5812&p=24559#p24559
romod

Postby romod » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Reports display option "Group Subcategories" doesn't ungroup in "Off" setting:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5679&p=23986#p23986
romod

Postby Amiko » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:34 pm

There is an error when I create a repeating transaction. It always occurs. On my wife's iPhone it occurs too.

For example: repeating transaction every 5th of the month, from January to May. There will be two equals transactions in January, one in February, one in March, one in Abril and none in May.
Amiko

Postby romad » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:59 pm

lios wrote:When setting up a repeating transaction, if you choose the 29th, 30th, or 31st as the date, there is no option to repeat on that date every month, only option give is repeat on last (day) of the month.

That happens due to February never having dates of 30 & 31 and a date of 29 only every 4 years. So it is impossible to have a MONTHLY date of 29, 30 or 31 for a year that consists of 12 months but in which only 11 months have at least two of those dates (29 & 30) and only 7 months have 31. Thus the default is the last day of the month.
Dennis
User of Jefferson Bible, MPG, PMD, & PMiOS. Oh, and WeatherStick.

Mac OS El Capitán, iOS 10.x.x, watchOS 3.x.x
romad

Postby lios » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:03 pm

romad wrote:
lios wrote:When setting up a repeating transaction, if you choose the 29th, 30th, or 31st as the date, there is no option to repeat on that date every month, only option give is repeat on last (day) of the month.

That happens due to February never having dates of 30 & 31 and a date of 29 only every 4 years. So it is impossible to have a MONTHLY date of 29, 30 or 31 for a year that consists of 12 months but in which only 11 months have at least two of those dates (29 & 30) and only 7 months have 31. Thus the default is the last day of the month.

That makes sense, I've set it for the 28, which it's just a day or 2 early, no big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lios

Postby davek » Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:06 pm

Hi.. Don't mean for my first post to be reporting a bug so firstly thanks for a great app, I've been using it as a cash ledger while travelling for years. Trying to understand why my cash seems to fall through holes in my pocket!!

Not so much a bug but a small glitch of more cosmetic consequence but just always surprised it doesn't go away after each update. It's to do with foreign currency symbols. I currently have about 15 different FX cash accounts. Often when I open a transaction or go to enter a new one the symbol for a different currency appears (to the one set for the particular account). It doesn't affect the calculation (i.e. thankfully as I'd be bankrupt quickly paying $50,000 for a cup of coffee in Indonesia instead of IDR50,000) It's difficult to figure out what causes it as it appears to be random. It's not necessarily the last currency used for a given category. Also sometimes I enter it and it shows the correct currency symbol but when I go back it shows YEN from Japan or CRC for Costa Rica (again always random). As I say the ledger always calculates based on the currency set for that account so it's purely aesthetic but I imagine it's worth tidying up at some point.

Also another small glitch I noticed on the Desktop version for OSX which I've just downloaded. I used a backup off dropbox (from the latest iOS version) to bring in the data and everything seemed perfect except it didn't carry through the 'use foreign currency' as being set. It showed foreign currency (so was confusing at first) but ignored the values until the option was selected in preferences. It came right with no issues after selecting it but could confuse people as they might expect it to carry through from the app back up if the option is selected in the IOS app.

Was hoping for easier/quicker QIF exports in the desktop version but there appears to be limited settings for QIF export (i.e. non-cleared only) and the the file isn't named according to the exported account. It's pretty easy from the app but i'd buy the desktop version once that feature is improved.

Thanks
davek

Postby kenkk » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:17 pm

The MEMO field needs to respect and retain newline-separated lines of text instead of combining all the text lines into one long paragraph.

Still broken in PM2-v1.1.3
kenkk

Postby jerryfbm » Wed May 10, 2017 11:05 am

In the case of base currency has no decimal such as JPY. the QIF export lost decimal value in amount such as USD. I tried all the decimal format but all none of them works.
jerryfbm

Return to PocketMoney for iOS