December 2nd, 2010
I submitted PocketMoney 3.1.3 to Apple today to fix the broken budget issue in 3.1.2. I’ve asked for Apple to expedite the review process, but they might not so it could take anywhere from 3-10 days for it to be approved.
Also fixed in 3.1.3 is bug in PM Sync that caused deleted accounts to reappear and a bug when using the date picker to enter dates.
October 10th, 2010
PocketMoney is going on sale tomorrow October 11, 2010 for one day. The price will be $2.99 for the app, and the PocketMoney Sync Server add-on will be $6.99. (Normally, $4.99 and $9.99 and total 33% savings.)
Buy PocketMoney on AppStore.
September 23rd, 2010
PocketMoney 3.1.1 submitted to Apple.
Changes in 3.1.1
- Fixed freezing issue in LITE version which prevented Deposit/Transfer from being tapped and the first row in the transaction list.
- Recreate the payee/category relationships that got lost in 3.1
- Fixed crash in PM Sync caused by import a QIF file with new account records then syncing.
Buy PocketMoney on the AppStore for $4.99
Download PocketMoney Lite from the AppStore for free
September 8th, 2010
I submitted PocketMoney 3.1 to Apple this evening.
- PocketMoney Sync – keep multiple iOS devices in sync or sync to PocketMoney for Desktops (OS X, Windows, Linux). Syncing between multiple iOS devices requires one of them to have purchased the PocketMoney Sync Server as an in-app-purchase for $9.99. If you choose to sync to just the desktop app then you don’t need to have Sync Server on your iOS device. PocketMoney Sync Instructional video
- Display amount in email when emailing photo receipt (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002670: [Repeating Transactions] repeating transaction not added after bringing PM to foreground (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002669: [Repeating Transactions] repeating date is set to 31st of month instead of date of transaction (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002655: [Import/Export] default date format for QIF to mm/dd’yy – what Quicken expects (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002637: [Import/Export] E-mail links have stopped working (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002625: [General Editing] No decimals allowed, every number is rounded… (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002653: [Import/Export] csv dates on import broken (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002635: [Account Info] using next on to move from next check # in account info adds decimal points (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002652: [Account Info] $ Amount Entered is Automatically Doubled -&- Negative Amounts are switched to + (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002641: [Misc.] PM Lite 3.1 B9: Crash when attempting to Sync (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002629: [Transaction List] negative amount in adjust balance crashes app (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002633: [Balances] Program crash when adjusting credit balance to negative number (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002621: [Misc.] ads block the last entries on Account Balance and Reports screen (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002631: [Opening PocketMoney] crash when starting up – repeating transactions processing running out of memory (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002630: [iReceipt] iPad doesn’t put away posted transactions (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002626: [iReceipt] Bill Minder not posting to PM (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002613: [PocketMoney Sync] Photos are sent, but not put away during receive correctly (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002617: [PocketMoney Sync] photo images not being synced (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002604: [Import/Export] PM3.1b8 – Crash on restore with photo receipts (SyncDocs) (hardy) – resolved.
- 0002606: [Balances] Available credit and Available funds should use current balance not future balance (hardy) – resolved.
August 27th, 2010
I’ve had numerous requests for Bank of America’s “Keep the Change” feature which transfers the change to a designated account to help with your savings. Here is a video tutorial on how to use the new “Keep the Change” feature in PocketMoney.
August 25th, 2010
“PocketMoney Offers Nice New Update” – appadvice.com
Not only was the review favorable, the first two comments were also extremely nice. I really appreciate you all!
August 15th, 2010
“…This is a tremendous app that will put all your financial date in the palm of your hand….” – The Examiner.com
August 13th, 2010
I decided to release 3.0.8 to fix a few of the bugs that were causing some users some issues, and not rush the 3.1 release, although 3.0.8 is getting a few new features that I was planning on being part of 3.1 – Keep the Change, Month-by-Month report for Chart IAP owners, and Document downloads through Safari and Mail from your banks.
- “Keep the Change” added to transfer the change of the current transaction to a specified account.
- Option to link/unlink the id field of transfers.
- Operators are shown for calculations in amount fields when using calculator keypad.
- Update icons and graphics for Retina Displays
- Options for clearing splits and not filling in the amount during auto-competes of transactions has been added under PocketMoney’s Settings > Miscellaneous.
- Photo receipts are backup when using SyncDocs.
- Download QIF/OFX/QFX files through Safari or Mail and open them with PocketMoney, no longer requiring a desktop computer to download you bank statement before you import it into PocketMoney.
New stuff for purchasers of the Charts In-App-Purchase:
- Added a month-by-month report so you can visualize your spending by month. A good way to use this report is to first run a Category Report, then drill down into a category like Utilities, then run the Month-By-Month report and look at your monthly spending over the course of the year. Spikes in your spending will pop right out at you.
Utilities Month-by-Month for 2010
New for PocketMoney LITE:
- Ads have been added to help generate some additional revenue.
- The Pie chart display is now available to Lite users in the Reports section.
- Plus Keep the Change, and Document downloads through Safari/Mail features the full version has received.
- Password screen engages correctly on multi-tasking devices so your data can’t been seen.
- Importing amounts in QIF files fixed.
- OFX import matches more existing transactions.
- Calculator keyboard back for iOS 3.1-3.1.3 users.
- Other minor bugs fixed.
Buy PocketMoney now on the AppStore
Test out PocketMoney Lite from the AppStore for free