Old Announcements from 1996-2008
10/27/2008: In record time Apple has approved MPG and now you can purchase MPG on AppStore.
10/27/2008: I’d like to thank Jason Yount from Quickdraw Graphics for his help in creating icons for MPG.
10/24/2008: MPG 1.0 has been sent to Apple for inclusion in the AppStore. Give Apple a week or so to approve it.
09/22/2008: PocketMoney 1.3.1 has been re-submitted to the AppStore. I’m not going to go into how mad I am right now, but give it a few weeks for Apple to approve it. Before you go installing the PocketMoney 1.3.1 update on AppStore please make a backup of your iTunes backups (or ideally have backed up your data with SyncDocs and PocketMoney 1.3). More support on PocketMoney in available the forums. You’ll need to download SyncDocs to Backup, Restore, Import, Export.
09/21/2008: CheckPlease 3.2 for iPhone has been submitted to AppStore. It is now in Apple’s hands to review and release. A new feature has been added to the preferences to always round the tip up, and there were some bug fixes.
09/11/2008: PocketMoney 1.3.1 has been uploaded on the AppStore. Give it a few days for Apple to approve it. Before you go installing the PocketMoney 1.3.1 update on AppStore please make a backup of your iTunes backups (or ideally have backed up your data with SyncDocs and PocketMoney 1.3) incase you get hit with the AppStore updater bug. More support on PocketMoney in available the forums. You’ll need to download SyncDocs to Backup, Restore, Import, Export.
09/08/2008: CheckPlease 3.1 for iPhone has been re-uploaded on AppStore. It is now in Apple’s hands to review and release. Apple rejected the first CheckPlease 3.1 for the Post to PocketMoney feature that they had already approved in version 3.0…go figure. I tweaked it and re-uploaded. I also fixed the two calculation bugs on the simple mode and added a few new things to the expert mode.
09/04/2008: PocketMoney 1.3 has been uploaded on the AppStore. Give it a few days for Apple to approve it. Before you go installing the PocketMoney 1.3 update on AppStore please make a backup of your iTunes backups incase you get hit with the AppStore updater bug. More support on PocketMoney in available the forums. You’ll need to downloadSyncDocs to Backup, Restore, Import, Export.
08/18/2008: CheckPlease 3.0 for iPhone has been uploaded on AppStore. t is now in Apple’s hands to review and release. If it takes as long as version 1.1, then it could be two weeks before Apple approves it.I tried using version 2.0 at the restaurant the last night and to put it mildly it sucked. So I looked through the tip calculators available and put together the best features and user interfaces from a few of them and added some tweaks of my own. The result is a completely overhauled version 3.0 of CheckPlease with scrollers for tip rate and number of people, a keyboard for entering the amount, and the ability to round the total.
08/17/2008: I found a lot of free useful art on www.bittbox.com for the next version of CheckPlease so I just wanted to send a shout out of thanks to the bittbox creator.
08/13/2008: PocketMoney 1.2.1 has been uploaded on the AppStore. Give it a few days for Apple to approve it. Before you go installing the PocketMoney 1.2.1 update on AppStore please make a backup of your iTunes backups incase you get hit with the AppStore updater bug. More support on PocketMoney in available the forums.
08/07/2008: I’d like to thank Scott at SilverWare for his help with downloading exchange rates online. Check out his TravelTracker app on AppStore. I’d also be very remiss if I didn’t also thank Ben at Stand Alone for all of his help, and you can download his Crosswords Light app on the AppStore, too.
08/01/2008: I’m looking for translation help. If you are fluent in anything other than English and would like to see PocketMoney in more languages then visit the translation forum.
08/01/2008: Well Apple is messing up my plans again. This time for the better at least. CheckPlease 2.0 and PocketMoney 1.2 have been approved in record time on the AppStore only 6 days. I’m still working on MPG.
07/25/2008: I’m heading back to work on MPG. I hope to have it submitted to AppStore within a few days, then I’ll be focusing on the upload and download support for PocketMoney and MPG.
07/25/2008: It took 14 days for Apple to approve the updates I submitted back on July 11. Users can download version 1.0.1 of PocketMoney and 1.1 of CheckPlease on AppStore. CheckPlease has several improvements in it to make it more useable and prettier. PocketMoeny’s update was to comply with the policy Apple released on the 11th dealing with certification codes for developers who release multiple applications.I submitted the CheckPlease 2.0 and PocketMoney 1.2 updates today. CheckPlease will be able to post transactions to PocketMoney. PocketMoney has several bug fixes and several new features including custom filters. Let’s hope this next round of updates doesn’t take Apple 2 weeks again.
07/11/2008: You can now purchase PocketMoney and CheckPlease on the AppStore if you have an iPhone/iTouch 2.0 device.
07/10/2008: I have had several emails from MPG customers telling me about the version of MPG in the iPhone AppStore that isn’t MPG™. I’ve been in contact with the author, he’s a very nice and understanding guy, and he will be renaming it as soon as Apple’s software lets him get the update in. MPG™ by Catamount Software will be available sometime early next week.
07/07/2008: CheckPlease has been sent off to Apple for inclusion in the AppStore for the release of iPhone 2.0 at the end of the week.
07/06/2008: One down and a lot more to go. I just sent PocketMoney to Apple for inclusion in the AppStore for the release of iPhone 2.0 at the end of the week.
06/09/2008: I’m at Apple’s WWDC sitting on the floor waiting for them to let us into the keynote address.
05/19/2008: PocketMoney 1.1.3 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Fixed a bug that caused the total worth to not be calculated correctly when using multiple currencies.
05/09/2008: From now until Apple releases 2.0 of the iPhone OS in June, I’m going to be focused on rewriting PocketMoney and MPG for the Apple SDK. It is almost a complete rewrite of what I had done for the open toolchain/jailbreak, and seems like I’m learning to program for the iPhone all over again.
05/08/2008: MPG 1.0.4 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Fixed a Km/L calculation bug and added Finish translation.
04/24/2008: MPG 1.0.3 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Added Dutch translation.
04/18/2008: MPG 1.0.2 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Added German translation and auto saves after each entry change.
04/18/2008: PocketMoney 1.1.2 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Fixed a bug that caused email backups to be empty, and a bug that created Category1, Category2, Category3… as the default categories instead of Auto, Clothing, Computer…
04/16/2008: PocketMoney 1.1.1 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Fixed a bug that prevented email backups from working with some jailbreak methods.
PocketMoney 1.1 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Tools is now operational…New features include: Reports/Graphs, Rollup, Adjust Balance, Go To First/Last/Date, e-mail backups. Filters and Recurring transactions are still missing, but I’ll get them into the next version.
04/02/2008: PocketMoney 1.0.2 for iPhone released. Give it a day to make it into the Installer. Changes include a new preference to sort transaction list with newest transaction on top instead of bottom and few minor bug fixes.
03/21/2008: PocketMoney 1.0.1 for iPhone is now available. Added Spanish and Portuguese translations, new icon, and fixed a bug.
03/12/2008: I’d like user feedback on which icon to use for PocketMoney on the iPhone. I put a poll up in the user forums.
03/11/2008: MPG 1.0.1 for iPhone is now available. Added Spanish and Portuguese translations, new icon, and fixed a bug.
03/07/2008: Originally released for the Newton OS in 1993 MPG 1.0 is now available for your iPhone. MPG is a vehicle log for your iPhone. It tracks fill-ups, trips, and services such as oil changes. It should be on Installer tomorrow. See MPG for iPhone page for more information. (PS: MPG for Palm OS users will be able to copy over their MPG data from their Palm and not lose years of information.)
03/06/2008: Apple released a beta of their software developer’s kit (SDK) today. Read the live blog of the press event. Summary, for users who don’t want to jailbreak their phones, you’ll have to wait until June to be able to download Catamount Software’s apps through Apple’s App Store on the iPhone. All in all, I’m very impressed with the SDK announced today and look forward to being able to distribute apps through the App Store.
02/27/2008: Some users are having issues installing PocketMoney onto their iPhone after upgrading to 1.1.3. This is a result of different jailbreak’ing programs doing things differently. If you are having issues, then try installing the BSD_Subsystem onto your iPhone, this seems to fix the issue for most users..
02/07/2008: It seems Ste is having issues with his repository server, too many people downloading software. He has upgraded his servers, and it sounds like updates will be starting up tomorrow. Here’s the latest status on Ste’s Installer repository.
02/04/2008: Beta 6 (1.0b6) of PocketMoney is now available. It should be on Installer tomorrow.
01/24/2008: PocketMoney 3.5.2 for Palm OS is now available for all localizations. I forgot to upload the localized 3.5.2 versions when I released the English version, now they are all available for 3.5.2.
01/17/2008: Beta 5 (1.0b5) of PocketMoney is now available. It should be on Installer tomorrow.
01/09/2008: Beta 4 (1.0b4) of PocketMoney is now available. It should be on Installer tomorrow.
12/27/2007: Beta 3 (1.0b3) of PocketMoney is now available. It should be on Installer tomorrow.
12/21/2007: The web and mail server moving process is complete.
12/18/2007 (10:30PM EST): I’m in the process of moving my website to a new server. Items entered in the forum or the bug database between now and when the server is moved might be lost use the following links. You can submit bugs on the new server. You can use the forums on the new server. Also my email is being moved to new server so I might have issues receiving emails this week.
12/13/2007: It’s here! The first beta of PocketMoney for iPhone is now available.
12/10/2007: I’ve upgraded the forum software to something that seems at keeping spam out of forums. Users of the old YABB will need to create new accounts. I’ll keep the old forum up for while.
11/3/2007: The United States needs some house cleaning done. http://www.thisnovember5th.com/
10/25/2007: The house is sold. I’m going to miss it a lot. It’s one of the few things that I really love. I’m closing in December. I’ve had it with the politics and taxes in Vermont, so I’m moving from one of the highest taxed state in the nation to one of the least taxed states. I was one of the first 100 signer-uppers for the Free State Project and also signed up to be one of the first 1000 movers so I’m now in the process of looking for a place in NH. I’d like either a hill/mountain side with views and a stream (for micro-hydro), or some cheap fixer-upper. Another reason for the move is because AT&T doesn’t have home network coverage in Vermont, I’ve been driving to NH just to rank up my minutes on my iPhone, so I’m also moving for businesses reasons.
10/17/2007: Apple announced they will make an iPhone SDK available in February!!!!!! (PS: !!!!!!!!!! needed a few more)
10/16/2007: Some users expressed an interest in pre-purchasing PocketMoney for the iPhone. I’m very reluctant to take pre-orders for unreleased software, but progress is moving along nicely on the native version of PocketMoney for the iPhone. I’m hoping to have a public beta version for everyone in two weeks. With that news I’ve added PocketMoney for iPhone to my Kagi store so you can pre-purchase it.
10/12/2007: The hackers have jailbroken 1.1.1 which means third party software can now run on iPhone and also the iTouch. They still need to simplify the process so it can be used by all. (I’m still using 1.0.2)Status.
10/05/2007: Mail is working again.
10/02/2007: The server for catamount.com has been having email issues this week. I can send mail, but not receive mail. We are trying to track down the problem. In the meantime you can post your questions in the forums, and I’ll answer them.
09/27/2007: You might want to submit comments to http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html requesting the ability for native third party development on version 1.1.1 of the iPhone.
09/27/2007: Apple released 1.1.1 update for iPhone today. If you want to run third party apps, then I would strongly recommend against updating to 1.1.1 until hackers can “jailbreak” the 1.1.1. Apple really needs to allow third party software development on the iPhone and iTouch.
09/14/2007: After 11 years in my lovely train depot, I’m moving out of Vermont. I have to put my house on the market so the Grand Isle Train Depot is for sale. If anyone is interested in a great house in a private country setting in Vermont with lots of history both the train station and fossils around the property, then email me. The property is on 16 acres, has a 3 bay garage with a very large workshop/potential apartment, and has shared lake access rights onto Lake Champlain. It would make a wonderful second home for summer, fall, and winter vacations. It is listed for $399k.
08/31/2007: If you like the thrill of being on the bleeding edge and can handle a lot of risk, then I’ve uploaded pre-beta versions of PocketMoney for Windows and PocketMoney for Mac along with the conduits to let your perform full syncs between your desktop and Palm versions of PocketMoney. After you sign up in the Catamount Software User Forums, then you can go to the Desktop Software area to get the directions for downloading the software.
08/28/2007: My trip was great. The bad news on the 18th my web host experienced a problem so the new web forum stopped working and most emails sent to be between the 18th and 24th bounced. It is fixed now.
08/13/2007: I will be in Banff, Canada on holiday from August 14-24 and will be without computer/email access. I will process all registrations when I return, sorry for the inconvenience.
08/06/2007: I have opened the Catamount Software User Forums for y’all.
08/01/2007: Apple released the first patch (1.01) for the iPhone today.
07/12/2007: I made some minor updates to PointAtMe’s interface, so it is maturing slowly. I also added in some new iPhone apps to the default installation and updated some of icons for third party apps.
07/07/2007: Added Brazillian and Svenska languages to Keyboards
06/26/2007: PointAtMe coming June 29th for Apple’s iPhone.
06/25/2007: I’m giving the website a little bit of a facelift, not much of one mind you, but I’m now using a cascading style sheet for the front page.
06/11/2007: At the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference. Looking into the possibility of bringing PocketMoney and MPG to Apple’s iPhone.
01/26/2007: “Palm Brings Microsoft’s Direct Push Technology to Palm OS Based Treo Smartphones” was the other project that I worked on with Palm last year.
01/15/2007: My business address has changed…it is now 31 Town Line Road, Grand Isle VT 05458. Please direct all postal correspondences to the Grand Isle address. The PO Box in Essex VT has been discontinued.
09/05/2006: BlackBerry Connect for your Treo 650 smartphone was one of the projects that I worked on last year.
06/14/2006: The Machia Wilderness Camp is a camp for youth ages 12 – 19. Teaching them about stewardship of the earth in its many aspects. It is a camp that was the vision of Larry Machia (my cousin) and one that his widow is creating in his memory. They are in need of campers this year. It presently runs as a week long day camp from July 10 -15 at the Ethan Allen Range in Jericho, VT at the bi-athlete training center there. It is a wonderful opportunity for our youth. The cost is $50.00 for the week, but there are scholarships because we do not want that to be a reason for kids not to come. Lunch is included daily. For more information please look at our web sitehttp://www.machiacamp.org.
- 10/26/2006: Page two of the CNET News.com article “Web standards, Libertarian candidates win” mentions PocketMoney.
- 10/26/2006: Oliver, Your email (email@example.com) keeps bouncing. Your registration code is AU86734F.
- 03/27/06: The Missing Sync for Palm OS, v5.1 released. PocketMoney or MPG users that use Missing Sync to HotSync should upgrade because it fixes a bug that prevents PocketMoney and MPG from working with previous versions of Missing Sync.
- 03/07/06: For users of the English version of PocketMoney which Handmark redistributes, you must download and install two files onto your Palm device to upgrade to version 3.5.2.
- 02/28/06: PocketMoney 3.5.2 released for Palm OS. Fixes bug of posting transactions from TapCash, CheckPlease, or MPG to PocketMoney.
- 02/09/06: Here is the scoop on the English version from Handmark: “It is available on our website for customers to download if they contact support regarding the availability. Currently we don’t have any plans to release 3.5 on Handmark.com since not much has changed since 3.0. We’d prefer to wait until 4.0 is available.” You need to request the file from Handmark support if you want it. (I know, it doesn’t make any sense to me either.)
- 01/23/06: PocketMoney 3.5.1 released for Palm OS. Adds navigation support for Treo and Lifedrive.
- 12/20/05: Catamount Software vs. Microsoft trademark infringement appeal happening at the Second Circuit Appeals Court in NYC.
- 09/30/05: PocketMoney for the Pocket PC is a finalist by Pocket PC Magazine.
- 09/23/05:When I created FontsInAction there wasn’t a cheap decent font viewer that previewed the a string of text in all of the available font faces for OS X. Now there is.Linotype’s Font Explorer
- 07/02/05 1:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. my annual Independence Day Party. Old Grand Isle Train Depot, 31 Town Line Road, Grand Isle, VT. Volleyball, horseshoes, swimming, camping, bonfire, food,…
- 06/25/05: Steve Jobs founder of Apple and Pixar gave the commencement speech at Stanford University. I related to it very well. Love what you do, live each day like it’s your last.
- 06/15/05: The most advance handheld operating system has finally been ported to the desktop: Newton Emulator Project. It’s fun to run my old Newton apps on my Mac. The 12 year old technology still does something much better than the Palm and Microsoft’s PocketPC OS. Let’s go Jobs, how about a iphone running Newton OS .
- 06/14/05: I don’t need any more beta testers. I’ve have a contract programming job that is taking all of free and unfree time, but I will be in contact with the people that have expressed interest in helping beta test.
- 04/15/05: I’m looking for several beta testers for a new version of PocketMoney. The current beta test is for Palm users of PocketMoney, but I need Windows, Linux, and Macintosh users in the beta test mix. Contact me if you are interested, and let me know your desktop OS.
- 03/31/05: Catamount.com and PocketMoney.com have been moved to a new web host.
- 01/01/05: Happy New Year and Best Wishes for 2005.
- 12/31/04: World’s Smallest Political Quiz 2.0 released for Palm OS. Questions have been updated to match The Advocates’ online version.
- 12/21/04: FSP Chat 1.0 released for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows operating systems. A simple chat client/server designed for auditorium style chats. The Free State Projectwas using a web based PHP style chat that gave me a headache just participating so I created FSP Chat. People on stage can talk to everyone. Audience members can listen to people on stage or chat with other people in their row.
- 12/08/04: Fonts in Action 1.2 released for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows operating systems. Font popup list now moves display to line displayed in selected font.
- 12/08/04: Fonts in Action 1.1.1 released for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows operating systems. Fixed crash problem in OS X that is related to certain fonts. Fixed some other minor bugs on all systens.
- 12/07/04: Fonts in Action 1.1 released for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows operating systems. Faster and bugs fixed.
- 12/01/04: I’m done with politics for a while. Back to making an honest living by writing software. Stay tuned…
- 09/30/04: PocketMoney is a finalist for the Pocket PC Magazine Best Software of 2004 awards.
- 06/16/04: This date in history: PocketMoney was released 10 years ago for Apple’s Newton OS. I was born 35 years ago.
- 05/27/04: If you are using Fonts in Action in Macintosh OS 9.2 then you must increase the memory for the application from 1024 to 4048 so the application will launch.
- 04/12/04: The PocketMoney for PocketPC OS user manual is now online in html– hopefully, the Babelfish will be sufficient for most users.
- 03/30/04: PocketMoney 3.1.2 for Palm OS released. Fixed a few small bugs.
- 03/22/04: Fonts in Action released for Macintosh, Linux, and Windows operating systems. This is an application that I had been needing to write for a few years. I often will design a brochure, ad, or other piece that I need to find a font to use. Some programs let you see the font in the actual font in the menu, but it doesn’t help you if you want to see a the font in large type or with specific wording. In Mac OS 10.3, Apple’s FontBook application was redesigned, but still is limiting because you cannot cut and paste the text once you decide what font and size you want. “Fonts in Action” gives this flexibilty.
- 02/23/04: WANTED: Person to help with the French translation of the user manual for PocketMoney.
- 02/23/04: The PocketMoney for Palm OS user manual is now online in html (it has always been available as a PDF) — hopefully, the Babelfish will be sufficient for most users.
- 02/19/04: PocketMoney 2.0.1 for Windows CE has been re-released. Upgrade issues and several small bugs have been fixed. It is recommended that users back up their PDA to the desktop before upgrading, just to be safe. You can do this using ActiveSync’s Backup/Restore Facility,which can be found under the Tools Menu in ActiveSync’s main window.
- 02/16/04: “The World’s Smallest Political Quiz” 1.4.1 for Palm OS released. Previous button bug fixed.
- 02/01/04: A bug is affecting some users so we decided to remove the installers for PocketMoney 2.0 for Windows CE until the bug is fixed.
- 02/01/04: Way to go Patriots!
- 01/24/04: PocketMoney 2.0 for Windows CE (PocketPC 2000, Pocket PC 2002, and Pocket PC 2003/Windows Mobile) released. Major new version. Lots of useful new features (today plug-in, filters, more reports, custom currencies, small footprint, and German, French, Swedish, Spanish, and Portuguese versions available…).
- 01/09/04: MPG 3.0.6 for Palm OS released. Fixed Preference screen bug and released Italian version.
- 01/05/04: PocketMoney 3.1.1 for Palm OS released. Fixed two bugs that appeared on pre-3.5 versions of the Palm OS.
- 01/05/04: This Old Newt’s annual Newton contest will be giving away “The Works” which is a bundle of all of my Newton OS titles. The Works bundle includes $430 worth of software for $100.
- 01/01/04: Best wishes for a happy, healthy and wealthy New Year.
- 12/19/03: PocketMoney 3.1 for Palm OS released. Added Tungsten T3 support. New features include support for rotating screen, collapsible Grafitti input area, and five-way navigator. The new “Available Balance” setting shows how much money you can spend on your credit card before you go over the credit limit – with Christmas time almost here I’ve been using this feature a lot.
- 12/19/03: Simplified Chinese and Korean versions of PocketMoney released.
- 12/18/03: I am trying very hard to get version 3.1 of PocketMoney out a.s.a.p, but I am going take a “powder day” as they say in ski country and go play in all of the new snow that has dumped over the last week. This is the most epic snow we have had in Vermont at this time of the year and I need to get one day of snowboarding in.
- 12/17/03: Grand Isle has had more snow (8″+24″+7″) in the past week than we have had in the last 5 years combined. It took me all day to shovel/snowblow my driveway from the last storm so I could get my car out. We had another 7 inches of snow tonight and I had to snowblow it again at midnight so my wife could drive up the driveway.
- 12/16/03: Press conference in Cedar Creek Room in State House in Montpelier announcing my “Free Vermont” campaign for governor of Vermont.
- 12/15/03: Press conference postponed due to snow.
- 12/10/03: Version 3.1 of PocketMoney with support for the Tungten T3 is almost ready, but I am preparing to announce my candidacy for Governor of Vermont.
- 11/28/03: TapCash 1.1.1 for Palm OS released. Fixes bug that prevented naming of buttons on non-colored Palm devices.
- 11/27/03: Happy Thanksgiving. I like to thank all of my customers for your support over the past 10 years.
- 11/22/03: I took my annual preseason hike up Smuggler’s Notch with Spencer and Amy to enjoy the first snowboard runs of the season before Smugg’s opens next weekend.
- 11/22/03: TapCash 1.1 for Palm OS released. Adds support for the five-way toggle button.
- 11/21/03: StopWatches 2.0.1 for Palm OS released. Bug fixed: controlling timers with single character shortcut.
- 11/20/03: Press release: “StopWatches 2.0 – timers for professional time trackers”.
- 11/18/03: StopWatches 2.0 for Palm OS released. Multiple timers allow tracking of up to 50 different events. A great tool for lawyers, consultants, and others who either must track their time or track others time. Update includes red/green buttons to make it easier to see what timers are running, option to limit the number of timers running so you can’t start 6 timers if you only have 5 basketball players on the court, and the ability to stop all timers and restart the timers last stopped by using the hard up/down buttons.
- 10/21/03: Press release: “The World’s Smallest Political Quiz for Palm OS”.
- 10/19/03: Clicking on links for native Palm OS .prc files, now correctly downloads the file, instead of loading a page of garbage characters.
- 10/15/03: I’ve been busy. This is the first website redesign for Catamount since the site started over eight years ago. Ah, about time! Also, I have released a few new programs and updates.
- 10/15/03: StopWatches 1.0 for Palm OS released. Multiple timers allow tracking of up to 50 different events. A great tool for lawyers, consultants, and others who either must track their time or track others time.
- 10/15/03: TapCash 1.0 for Palm OS released. Super fast entry of common financial transactions. Works with several financial and budgeting programs for the Palm OS.
- 10/15/03: Press release: Swedish version of PocketMoney for Palm OS released.
- 10/15/03: PocketMoney 3.0.5 for Palm OS released.
- 10/15/03: “The World’s Smallest Political Quiz” 1.3 for Palm OS released. Typographical errors corrected.
- 10/13/03: My 12-year-old cousin and I entered a pie in the South Hero AppleFest’s traditional apple pie contest; our pie won first place!
- 09/11/03: AutoLock 5.1 released. Security enhancements. New “Manual Lock” feature.
- 09/04/03: AutoLock 5.0 released. New “Scramble Buttons” security option.
- 08/22/03: Windows users, please install some virus removal software and to protect against the current W32/Sobig.f@mm worm. More information and removal software.
- 08/22/03: Japanese version of PocketMoney for Palm OS released.
- 08/03/03: NH to WA road trip.
- 07/24/03: PocketMoney 3.0.4 released. Qif-old conduit bug fixed.
- 07/23/03: Ballots for the Free State Project go out Friday.
- 07/17/03: Some fiend used firstname.lastname@example.org as an email address to spam people. I’m trying to sort things out. In the meantime if you need support please use “support (the little at sign) catamount (the dot thing) com” and for personal mail to me use “hm (the circle a) catamount (a period thingy) com”
- 07/16/03: On the bliss side of things. I just returned from an amazing three week cross country trip with the bonniest lass I’ve ever met.
- 06/19/03: PocketMoney 3.0.3 released. Overdraft warning fixed. (Handmark has uploaded 3.0.3-English to their site, too.)
- 06/14/03: PocketMoney 3.0.2 released. Bug fixes and faster queries.
- 06/12/03: The Portuguese version of PocketMoney 3.0.1 has been updated and is now 100% translated to Portuguese.
- 06/09/03: World’s Smallest Political Quiz for Palm OS.
- 05/11/03: PocketMoney 3.0.1 released. Bug fixes and choice of one or two line displays in the register. The French, German, and Spanish conduits are included with the French, German, and Spansih downloads respectively.
- 05/11/03: Happy Mother’s Day.
- 04/27/03: PocketMoney 3.0 for Palm OS DB formats document has been updated for developers to extend the functionality of their applications and of desktop conduits.
- 04/16/03: PocketMoney 3.0 released. Hi-res support, budgeting support via QuikBudget, record up to 255 splits, transfers in splits, new reports, new custom filter options, IR Sync 3.0, and more.
- 04/15/03: CheckPlease 3.0 released. Added support for PocketMoney 3.0, QuikBudget, and other Financial Posting Interface (FPI) compatible applications.
- 04/15/03: Taxes, taxes, taxes. Don’t forget to pay your taxes.
- 03/21/03: The Special Holiday Offer is over, but do to the continued response I’ve created “The Works” bundle for my Newton OS titles. All of my Newton apps can be yours for $80.
- 04/30/03: I’ve updated the French, Italian, and Norwegian versions of PocketMoney 3.0 which fixes bugs with the Memo and About screens. Later this week I’ll be releasing 3.0.1 which will include the German language conduit and Mac OS 9.x conduit.
- 02/27/03: Apple killed the Newton, five years ago today.
- 02/23/03: AutoLock 4.2 released. AutoLock turned three-years-old today! Fixes Tungsten bug. Added German version. Price reduced to $10.
- 12/23/02: MPG Conduit for Mac OS X
- 12/15/02: 2002 Catamount Software’s Special Holiday Offer on Newton OS software: Purchase PocketMoney for Netwon OS for $40 and specify what additional Newton software titles by Catamount Software you would like and I will give them to you for free!!!It has been several years since the first time I offered a Christmas bundle deal. I’m still using my MP2100, but I dusted off another MP2100 for a friend to use which is what prompted me to give this special offer for the holiday season. Newtons still kick-butt!
- 11/08/02: I didn’t win my race for Vermont House. I was about 250 votes short.
- 10/24/02: The MPG Conduit for Macintosh OS X will be released at the end of November/December. Which is also about the expected release of PocketMoney 3.0.
- 10/05/02: I am running for the Vermont House of Representatives. The election is November 5th.
- 08/16/02: Handmark, Inc. has signed an exclusive deal with Catamount Software to handle the retail and online sales and technical support of the English language version of PocketMoney, MPG, and CheckPlease for the Palm OS and Microsoft’s PocketPC OS. If you registered any of these products from Catamount Software then you should have received an email notice with your new registration code from Handmark along with a url to download the new version from Handmark. If you have not received your new code yet please contact Handmark at email@example.com.
- Download PocketMoney 1.1.1 (English) update for PocketPC from Handmark.
- Download PocketMoney 2.7 (English) update for Palm OS from Handmark.
Catamount Software will continue to support and distribute the non-English (German, Italian, French, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese…) versions of PocketMoney, MPG, and CheckPlease.
- 07/03/02: Portuguese version of PocketMoney for Palm OS
- 06/23/02: PocketMoney Conduit for OS X - copy this file into Mac OS X: :Library:Application Support:Palm HotSync:Conduits and you’ll be able to HotSync your PocketMoney data with Mac OS X. (Sorry folks. I had a typo in the link. It is working now.)
- 04/16/02: 1.1 Beta #2b of PocketMoney for PocketPC is ready for testing.
- 03/29/02: PocketMoney 3.0 BETA 2, MPG 2.1b1, CheckPlease 3.0b1 released for Palm OS. Support for QuikBudget.
- 03/13/02: 1.1 Beta 1D of PocketMoney for PocketPC is available.
- 03/02/02: The Mac OS X conduit for PocketMoney and MPG are still a couple weeks away.
- 02/03/02: Keyboard Corner 1.0 released for the Newton OS 2.x (not a typo).
- 01/05/02: PocketMoney 3.0 BETA 1 released for Palm OS. Support for QuikBudget.
- 01/01/02: Best wishes to all for a prosperous 2002!
- 12/08/01: AutoLock 4.1 released for Palm OS customers. Support for m100 series.
- 11/26/01: If you lost your Palm at the Magtek offices in CA. Contact Marion White. AutoLock is activated and Marion contacted me.
- 11/14/01: Spanish PocketMoney website is online.
- 11/01/01: MPG 2.0.4 released for Palm OS.
- 10/21/01: PocketMoney 2.6.1 released for Palm OS. Support added to conduit for specifying date separators (slash, dash, period), spanish translation completed, and bug fixes.
- 10/14/01: PocketMoney-German.prc - fixes a bug in the convert currency function of the German version of PocketMoney.
- 10/13/01: Interstate Guide for Palm OS all of the exits in the USA. Catamount Software did the programming. The Headwaters is doing the selling. I made a trip from Vermont to Philadelphia and found myself referencing the data in Interstate Guide several times on just one trip. It even supports PocketMoney!
- 10/11/01: AutoLock 4.0 released for Palm OS customers. Hard keys, Graffiti and keyboard PIN input support added.
- 10/10/01: Conversion to euro (€) directions for PocketMoney for Palm OS customers.
- 10/08/01: PocketMoney 1.0.6 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released. Bug fixes.
- 10/04/01: PocketMoney 2.6 released for Palm OS. Support for EU’s euro conversion, fixed bug with Japanese m505s Palm devices, and bugs fixes.
- 10/03/01: CheckPlease 2.2 released for Palm OS.
- 09/28/01: MPG 2.0.3 released for Palm OS.
- 09/16/01: The outgoing e-mail problem has been fixed.
- 09/05/01-09/16/01: We have been experiencing some problems sending e-mail out to customers.
- 09/01/01: PocketMoney 2.5.1 released for Palm OS. Bug fixes.
- 08/28/01: PocketMoney 2.5 released for Palm OS. Many updates…Handera 330 support, more color support, better multiple currency support, more powerful reporting, and more…
- 07/24/01: PocketMoney 1.0.5 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released. Bug fixes.
- 07/17/01: PocketMoney 1.0.4 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released. Reports, reconcilation, and rollups added.
- 06/13/01: PocketMoney 2.4.2 released for Palm OS. Fixed a few minor bugs.
- 06/10/01: PocketMoney 1.0.3 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released. Fixes decimal currency bug.
- 04/22/01: (Update) Making MPG and PocketMoney Windows Conduits work with Palm Desktop 4.0: If PocketMoney or MPG shows up in the Custom Conduit Settings window, but you cannot click Change to open the PocketMoney/MPG Settings window or you are getting a “…Error….(FFFF)” then you need to upgrade to Palm Desktop 4.0.1.
- 05/15/01: MPG 2.0.1 for Palm OS released.
- 06/07/01: PocketMoney 2.4.1 released for Palm OS. Fixed password screen and installation bugs, color tweaks, and Find is supported globally.
- 06/05/01: PocketMoney 2.4 released for Palm OS. More color and grayscale support, specify how many days in advance to add repeating transactions, decimal point bug fixed and other ui enhancements.
- 06/03/01: PocketMoney 1.0.2 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released.
- 05/09/01: PocketMoney 1.0.1 for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released.
- 05/08/01: Train station for sale. Email my realtor, Dahan Mohamed, for info and with bids.
- 05/03/01: PocketMoney 2.3.1 released for Palm OS. Speed up bug fixed and turned of debug messages in Windows conduit.
- 04/30/01: PocketMoney 2.3 released for Palm OS. New stuff, faster, and bug fixes.
- 04/04/01: My New Zealand/Australia trip.
- 03/22/01: PocketMoney 2.2.3 for Palm OS released.
- 03/21/01: PocketMoney Alpha #3 (1.0a3.2) for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released.
- 03/16/01: PocketMoney Alpha #3 (1.0a3.1) for Windows CE, Pocket PC Edition released.
- 03/06/01-03/09/01: I’m diving on the Great Barrier Reef for three days. I’ll process payment registrations and answer email when I return.
- 02/22/01-02/27/01: I’m horseback trekking for 6 days and won’t be near a phone or computer. I’ll process payment registrations and answer email when I return.
- 02/06/01: MPG 2.0 beta 3 is available for downloading. The Overdue Service Report is working. Windows Conduit updated to add number support and fixed bug in saving conduit prefs under windows 98.
- 02/06/01-02/12/01: I’m tramping for 6 days and won’t be near a phone or computer. I’ll process payment registrations and answer email when I return.
- 02/05/01: MPG 2.0 beta 2 is available for downloading. Fixes the MemoryMgr Fatal Exception bug. The Overdue Service Report is not complete, but the overdue service alarms are.
- 02/05/01: MPG users that created a new transaction with MPG 2.0 beta 1 need to restore their data from a backup before proceeding. I created a bug that corrupted the MPG-Transaction database and I can’t even fix it programattically.
- 02/04/01: I pulled MPG 2.0b1 offline for now due to some fatal exception bugs users are experiencing. A new version that fixes these problems will be uploaded shortly.
- 02/02/01: I’m off to New Zealand and Australia for 6 weeks. I’ll be checking email as often as I can, but there will be two different five day stretches that I won’t be near a computer. Please be patient. Thanks.
- 02/01/01: PocketMoney 2.2.2 for Palm OS released.
- 02/01/01: Making MPG and PocketMoney Windows Conduits work with Palm Desktop 4.0: If PocketMoney or MPG shows up in the Custom Conduit Settings window, but you cannot click Change to open the PocketMoney/MPG Settings window or you are getting a “…Error….(FFFF)” then you might be missing Palm41.dll. Download Palm41.dll and copy it to the same directory as HotSync.exe is located in, quit HotSync, run HotSync and the PocketMoney/MPG conduit should work.
- 01/24/01: PocketMoney Conduit for Windows updated. (Win/.zip). Added QIF-Old file format to support uploading to MS Money and bug fixed when importing transfers without categories into PocketMoney.
- 01/13/01: Karsten Abata won a copy of MPG for Palm OS by being the 450,000th visitor.
- 01/12/01: PM-Fixer has been released to fix a “can’t find database” problem that a few users are experiencing while trying to HotSync PocketMoney. Download PM-Fixer:(Win/.zip) and (Mac/.sit). Install PMFixer.prc on the Palm handheld, run it, and HotSync.
- 01/03/01: CheckPlease 2.1 for Palm OS released. Tax rate displays 2 decimal points to handle CA’s tax rate of 10.25%.
- 01/02/01: PocketMoney 2.2.1 for Palm OS released. Fixed Fatal Exception bug during HotSyncing.
- 01/01/01: Theo Theocharis won a copy of PocketMoney and AutoLock for Palm OS by being the 444,444th visitor.
- 01/01/01: Happy New Year.
- 12/30/00: Holiday brunch at my house. Everyone’s invited. Stop by if you are in the neighborhood. Starts at 10:30 a.m. and finishes when the last person leaves. Happy New Year!!
- 12/29/00: PocketMoney 2.2 for Palm OS released. New feature save Reports to Notepad and bug fixes in conduit for Windows and Mac.
- 12/08/00: AutoLock 3.7 for Palm OS released. Enhanced security for Palm OS 3.5. (bug fixes & enhancements)
- 12/08/00: PocketMoney 2.1 for Palm OS released. PocketMoney helps track your holiday spending! New features include IR Sync to help husbands and wives share your PocketMoney data via IR Beaming. Purchase a second copy of PocketMoney for your significant other for only $20.
- 11/28/00: The MPG for Palm OS User Manual is available. Adobe Acrobat is required to view the MPG User Manual.
- 11/15/00: Palm has released Palm OS 3.5 for the Palm III, IIIx, V, Vx, and VII. Upgrade today. Palm OS 3.5 is required for AutoLock.
- 11/07/00: Vote!!
- 10/31/00: Happy Halloween!
- 10/19/00: Dax T. Games won a copy of PocketMoney and AutoLock for Palm OS by being the 420,000th visitor.
- 10/18/00: The PocketMoney for Palm Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) list has been updated.
- 10/02/00: MPG 1.1.1 for Palm OS released. Trip screen fixed.
- 09/26/00: MPG 1.1 for Palm OS released.
- 09/25/00: I’m running for Governor of Vermont.
- 09/19/00: PocketMoney 2.0 for Palm OS released.
- 09/13/00: PocketMoney Alpha 2 for Windows CE
- 08/16/00: I uploaded the wrong version of MPG yesterday. Download it again for the correct 1.1b1 version (without the 14 day expiration dialog).
- 08/15/00: MPG 1.1b1 for Palm OS. Find support, bug fixes, Macintosh Conduit update, Windows Conduit bug fixes, localization fixes.
- 08/13/00: CheckPlease 2.0 for Palm OS - split bills and calc tips at restaraunts
- 08/12/00: PocketMoney 2.0b3 for Palm OS. Bugs fixed.
- 08/06/00: PocketMoney 2.0b2 for Palm OS. New features: Find and Repeating Transactions for pre-Palm OS 3.5.
- 08/05/00: PocketMoney Alpha 1 for Windows CE
- 08/03/00: PocketMoney 2.0b1 for Palm OS. New features: Running Balances and Repeating Transactions.
- 07/30/00: Gareth Watt’s pm2qif pearl script is useful for Linux users using GNUCash.
- 07/26/00: Harry Browne Campaign Journals 1-10 and Journals 11-20 - Peanut Press formatted book for Palm or Windows CE.
- 07/21/00: AutoLock 3.6 for Palm OS released. Enhanced security for Palm OS 3.5. (bug fixes)
- 07/17/00: Estimated return to VT. I’m checking email and messages, but responses are going to be slow.
- 07/03/00: LP National Convention. Harry Browne receives LP presidential nomination.
- 06/23/00: My sister renewed her vows in Oceanside, CA.
- 06/18/00: Start of Hardy’s road trip from VT to CA.
- 06/16/00: MPG 1.0.2 for Palm OS. Fixes bug when Posting data to PocketMoney.
- 05/31/00: MPG Uploder for Macintosh and for Windows allows you to upload data from MPG on the Newton to the desktop. Fixed date format so that the MPG for Palm Conduit can download the uploaded Newton file.
- 05/20/00: PocketMoney Conduit for Windows 1.2.2 fixes splits download bug and withdrawals becoming deposits download bug.
- 05/10/00: PocketMoney 1.2.1 for Palm OS is released. (Fixes “T To” popup bug)
- 05/03/00: PocketMoney 1.2 for Palm OS is released.
- 04/26/00: Fixed the link for MPG 1.0.1 for Palm OS
- 04/22/00: MPG 3.0.5 for Newton OS released. Fixed bugs that some NOS 1.0 and 1.3 users were having upgrading and registering.
- 04/21/00: PocketMoney for Palm OS DB formats and PocketMoney Financial Posting Standard (PM-FPS) documents have been posted for developers to extend the functionality of their applications and of desktop conduits.
- 04/11/00: AutoLock 3.5.3 for Palm OS released. Enhanced security for Palm OS 3.5. (bug fixes)
- 03/28/00: ExCHANGE-AT allows you to upload data from PocketMoney on the Newton to the Macintosh using AppleTalk. Useful for iMac users and other Mac’s without serial ports.
- 03/26/00: Harry Browne 2000 book - Libertarian for President – campaign issues and other info on Harry Browne taken from his website - Peanut Press formatted book for Palm or Windows CE.
- 03/16/00: I’m in Amsterdam until 3/25. Support and processing of registration will be very slow to nil until I return.
- 02/26/00: AutoLock 3.5 for Palm OS released. Enhanced security for Palm OS 3.5.
- 02/23/00: Beta 1.2b7 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Windows & Macintosh Conduit Updated, some supported added for Palm OS 3.5, some bugs fixed when using CheckPlease/MPG with PocketMoney)
- 02/15/00: MPG 1.0.1 for Palm OS. Fixes bug when opening the About screen.
- 02/14/00: MPG 1.0 for Palm OS is released! (MPG is a vehicle log – tracks fuel economy, trips, and services)
- 02/09/00: Beta 1.2b6 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Windows Conduit Updated, more transfer bugs fixed, better support for multiple currencies)
- 01/27/00: Beta 1.2b5 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Fixed two bugs in 1.2b4)
- 01/26/00: Beta 1.2b4 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Fixed breaking transfers bug and added new features)
- 01/20/00: I’m over the flu and the cold that followed it. Thanks for the get well emails
- 01/12/00: I’m battling the flu. There are some Y2K problems with the QIF conduit for PocketMoney for Palm OS that I’m working on. I’ll post the updates here when the fixes are available.
- 01/10/00: PocketMoney 3.0.5 for Newton OS is available. Fixes a time bug and ExCHANGE handles MS Money’s weird QIF date format.
- 01/04/00: MPG 3.0.4 for Newton OS is available. Fixes a Y2K bug.
- 01/02/00: PocketMoney 3.0.4 for Newton OS is available. Fixes a Y2K bug.
- 12/24/99: Beta 1.0b2 of the MPG for Palm OS is available. (MPG is a vehicle log – tracks fuel economy, trips, and services)
- 11/30/99: Beta 1.2b3 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Fixed bug in non-English versions that prevented Prefs from opening)
- 11/29/99: Beta 1.2b2 of the PocketMoney for Palm OS is available. (Integration support for MPG, bug fixes, and Macintosh TDF conduit.)
- 11/28/99: I’m looking for Pokemon cards in foreign languages (Japanese, German, French,…) for my nephew for Christmas. Will trade registration codes for my software for cards. firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11/20/99: Beta 1.0b1 of the MPG for Palm OS is available for testing.
- 10/30/99: 4th Annual Halloween Costume Party. Starts at 7:00. If happen to be in Vermont stop by. RSVP to email@example.com for directions.
- 10/22/99: Matt Simerson of MI won a copy of PocketMoney for Palm OS for being the 325,000 visitor.
- 10/15/99: PocketMoney® 3.0.3 for Newton OS released. – Fixed Registration Code Bug. Your old code will still work.
- 10/14/99: Programmer Specifications for Register for the Newton
- 09/14/99: MPG 3.0.3 for Newton OS fixes -48418 bug when setting/deleting filters.
- 09/02/99: Beta 1.2b1 of the Windows Conduit for PocketMoney is available for testing.
- 08/30/99: Beta 1.2b1 of the Macintosh Conduit for PocketMoney is available for testing.
- 10/15/99: PocketMoney® 3.0.2 for Newton OS released.
- 08/14/99: Beta 1.0b1 of the PocketMoney Macintosh Conduit is available for testing.
- 08/03/99: Released PocketMoney 1.1.1 for Palm OS. - fixed bug when closing Prefs screen.
- 07/31/99: Released PocketMoney 1.1 for Palm OS. German, French, and Italian versions available.
- 07/12/99: I will be porting MPG to the Palm. I haven’t set a date yet, but it is still a few months away from release.
- 07/12/99: If you are having problems installing Aloha 2.7 and you are a Macintosh user then most likely the problem is you need the newer version of Stuffit Expander 5.x.
- 07/09/99: Aloha 2.7 has been released. You can get your AOL email from your Newton once again!
- 07/06/99: AOL stopped supporting the older desktop clients which Aloha is based on. I’m trying to figure if it is possible to update Aloha to emulate an older desktop client. If it is possible then a new version should be online shortly. My hopes are not high though. In either case I’ll post an update here tomorrow night.
- 07/03/99: Plans for July 4th weekend? Come to the 4th annual Catamount Software Independence Day celebration. It will be held July 3rd – starting at 3:00 p.m. Plenty of space to camp out back – the campground down the road is already booked.
- 07/01/99: PocketMoney 1.1b11 (public beta) for Palm OS. German, French, and Italian versions available.
- 06/28/99: CheckPlease 1.1 for Palm OS available. Fixed bug in the tip calculation and entering of numbers.
- 06/28/99: Conflicting reports continue to come in about Aloha. We need to wait and see what stops working and what continues to work.
- 06/27/99: Update on the Aloha situation and AOL. Aloha 2.4.8 will still be supported and will continue to work after June 30th, but the SprintNet access numbers will no longer work. Aloha 1.1.3 will be discontinued due to AOL dropping support for SprintNet access numbers since version 1.1.3 only works using SprintNet access numbers.
- 06/21/99-06/25/99: I will be at the Palm Developer training class in NY. I’ll be checking email infrequently.
- 06/20/99: I now accept payments for software via e-gold. My e-gold account # is 103988.
- 06/17/99: Oh well, my birthday wish didn’t come true, but you are not supposed to tell it to people first! Kristine did throw me a great surprise birthday party.
- 06/16/99: Happy Birthday to me! I turned 30. My birthday wish is to have $30,000 in sales today !!
- 06/15/99: CheckPlease 1.0 for Palm OS released.
- 06/15/99: PocketMoney 1.1b10 (public beta) for Palm OS. German, French, and Italian versions available.
- 06/11/99: Dave “Dewey Decimal” won a copy of PocketMoney for being the 300,000 visitor.
- 05/11/99: PocketMoney for Palm OS User Manual is available.
- 05/05/99: PocketMoney for Palm public beta version 1.1b6.
- 05/02/99: PocketMoney for Palm public beta version 1.1b5.
- 05/02/99: Please sign the Defend Your Privacy Petition against the FDIC’s “Know Your Customer Rule”.
- 05/02/99: Please sign the Sign Petition to End Attacks On Yugoslavia!
- 04/22/99: Search www.catamount.com to locate info quickly.
- 04/15/99: PocketMoney 1.0 for PalmOS released!
- 04/15/99: Happy Tax Day!
- 04/06/99: End Attacks On Yugoslavia!
- 03/09/99: Dave Abramowitz of MD won a copy of MPG for being the 285,000 visitor
- 03/02/99: PocketMoney beta test slate filled.
- 02/26/99: PocketMoney beta testers sought for PalmOS and WindowsCE
- 02/26/99: Today is the one year anniversary of the Newton’s premature-death at the hand of Steve Jobs.
- 02/21/99: This Old Newt interviewed me this month and has a review of MPG.
- 02/18/99: Please sign the Defend Your Privacy Petition against the FDIC’s new “Know Your Customer Rule”.
- 01/25/99: PowerRecorder 1.3 fixed a bug that turned off Newton when it should have been left on and vice-versa.
- 12/02/98: NewtNotes 1.1 released. New features: Sort by last name, customizable font. Fixed “Recent” bug.
- 11/17/98: HomeInventory 1.2 released. Disappearing column bug fixed, warranty field added, Location/Category sort added, and the price reduced to $30.
- 11/17/98: Acrobat version of the PocketMoney manual was replaced. (Still 2.0 version of manual, but no longer corrupt.)
- 11/09/98: MORGAN and MORGANPro 1.0.6 released. Fixes several minor bugs including the disappearing column bug.
- 11/06/98: PocketMoney 3.0.1 released. Fixes the ‘a’ popup bug, a couple other minor bugs, and includes the fixed version of ExCHANGE.
- 11/05/98: I’m back. I’m working on the PocketMoney problem with the ‘a’ in the popups. Version 3.0.1 should be available this weekend.
- 11/04/98: Election results…I carried two towns with 63% and 70% of the vote, but the largest town I only received 19% of the vote which gave me 29% of the overall vote.
- 10/24/98: I’m still here, but have been busy campaigning for State Senate in Vermont. I have ten days left and then I’ll focus my attention to reponding to tech support questions.
- 09/11/98: Aloha 2.4.8 released. Changed the “Keep on AOL” checkbox to a picker with three options to give users more control of what to do with attachments on the AOL host.
- 09/11/98: Register 2.0.1 released. Fixed a date bug if the locale was not set to US. Rewritten for NOS 2.x. The Newton Version of Register allows you to purchase Newton software on your Newton from vendors who process credit card payments through KAGI.
- 09/24/98: ExCHANGE 2.0.3 released. Supports Unix formatted QIF files – if you where downloading a QIF file and receiving $0.0 for all transactions this should fix it. PocketMoney should download 3.0 of PocketMoney and the new version of ExCHANGE.
- 09/19/98: PocketMoney 3.0 Released. Updated for Newton OS 2.0 & 2.1.
- 08/14/98: Richard Li of Hong Kong won a special edition clear MessagePad 110 and $250 credit for Catamount Software products for being the 250,000 visitor to the Catamount Software home page!!!
- 07/14/98: Snoozey 2.0.1 released. Added 45 minute and 18 hour snooze options.
- 07/13/98: MPG 3.0.2 released. Update fixes bug in the Prefs that prevented choosing an PocketMoney category.
- 07/12/98: Register 2.0 released. Rewritten for NOS 2.x. The Newton Version of Register allows you to purchase Newton software on your Newton from vendors who process credit card payments through KAGI.
- 07/01/98: Jude Mansilla won a copy of HomeInventory for being the 230,000 visitor to the Catamount Software home page. You could be next!
- 06/17/98: Hidden Menus 1.0 released. Desktop style menus for your Newton based on the keyboard shortcuts.
- 06/17/98: Planet Newton’s most popular Newton program survey ranked PocketMoney 6th and MPG 8th out of over 6000 votes. (Not bad considering three of the higher ranking programs were bundled with the Newton at one time or another.)
- 06/16/98: Was A Super-Great Day – I got engaged!
- 06/09/98: Aloha 2.4.7 released. Fixes the scrolling bug which prevented viewing of the full incoming mail message.
- 05/22/98: NewtNotes 1.0.1 released. Fixes several bugs.
- 05/22/98: WildCat 2.1 for Macintosh released. Increases speeds for downloads from the Mac to ExCHANGE and NNSync.
- 05/20/98: Vermont LP 1998 Platform in NewtonBook format released.
- 05/15/98: Silk 2.0.2 released. Fixed scroll down bug in small up/down/undo floater on eMates.
- 05/15/98: PocketMoney and PowerRecorder have received 5 Cow ratings from TUCOWS International
- 05/13/98: NewtNotes 1.0 released. Carry your bibilography references with you. Edit and create new references when & where you are doing your research.
- 05/06/98: AssistCalc 3.5.2 released.
- 04/25/98: WineCellar 1.0 released. Track the wines you have tried and liked or disliked, and keep track of your personal collection of wine.
- 04/21/98: MPG Button - includes an updated odometer entry field for the Fuel slip. (Hold down the button for 1 second to open the fuel slip)
- 04/21/98: PocketMoney 2.1.6 released. Fixes -48807 bug when deleting an account with an accompanying filter.
- 04/15/98: Happy Tax Day! Ever five seconds that the Federal bureaucracy is open, the government spends $1 million. That’s $12 million every minute; over $1.7 trillion every year.
- 04/03/98: WildCat 2.0 for Windows released.
- 04/03/98: World’s Smallest Political Quiz (1.2) released.
- 04/03/98: WildCat 2.0 for Macintosh released. Supports downloads from the Mac. You need ExChange which is included in PocketMoney 2.1.5.
- 03/05/98: Vermont State Constitution released.
- 03/03/98: Catamount Software will continue to support the Newton community regardless of Apple’s decision to stop producing Newton OS hardware. The Newton is still the best handheld on the market. NewtNotes and WineCellar are two products currently under development that are expected to be released in April/May. There are also plans for additional updates to PocketMoney.
- 02/20/98: PocketMoney 2.1.5 released.
- 02/17/98: Kirt McMaster of CA won a $200 shopping spree in Catamount Software’s online store for being the 200,000 visitor. (See Past Winners)
- 02/15/98: Aloha 2.4.5 released. Fixed German “ignoring headlines” bug and adds Print, Fax, Email, and Beaming support to Aloha items in the InOut box.
- 01/15/98: Due to commitments at Green Mountain Software (my daytime Newton programming job), I will not be able to answer much email for the next month. I will try to process as much email as I can with registration processing getting the highest priority. I think, it is in the best interest of the whole Newton community for me to give top priority to the projects Green Mountain is working on. These projects will generate hundreds to thousands of new MessagePad sales and Apple needs to see more sales for the MessagePad to survive. If you have a problem that you can’t solve and I haven’t answered your email about it and I haven’t posted anything here then call me and leave a message and I will email or call you to help out. If the problem isn’t directly related to a Catamount Software product don’t email me. Also,if you post the questions to comp.sys.newton.misc I will check the newsgroup and often times another user will be able to answer the question for you (the Aloha Q&A board on AOL is a great example of this – thanks Aloha users).
- 01/14/98: You might have seen the ice storm in New England mentioned on the news. We were without power from the 8th to the 14th — we were luckier than many because we did have heat the whole time.
- 12/31/97: Aloha 2.4.3 and Aloha 1.1.3 released. Fixes SprintNet connection bug.
- 12/23/97: Aloha 2.4.2 released. Fixes AOLnet bug, AOLGlobalNet bugs, fixes timeout bugs, and adds better support for the MP2100 and eMate.
- 12/22/97: I will be at the Newton Source/Power Media booth at MacWorld Expo in San Francisco from January 6-9.
- 12/15/97: Win a free copy of PocketMoney from Newton Classifieds!
- 12/10/97: NoteScroller 5.0 released. Adds keyboard support and better Note Paper navigation.
- 12/08/97: Silk 2.0.1 released. Fixes scroll up/down bug on eMates.
- 11/20/97: CigarBox 1.1.1 released. – fixed bug in Date Smoked popup.
- 11/23/97: Aloha 2.4 released. Fixes timeout bugs and adds better support for the MP2100 and eMate.
- 11/19/97: TimeLock 4.01 released. – fixed security bug.
- 10/31/97: Happy Halloween & the MessagePad 10k
- 10/14/97: Can you run an apartment complex from your Newton? David can. See how.
- 10/12/97: Home Inventory 1.1 released.
- 10/07/97: MPG 3.0 Manual in NewtonBook format released.
- 10/02/97: PocketMoney.adf released to allow PocketMoney users to edit their data from RCU on the desktop. (You will need to “Recompute Balances” in PocketMoney if you make changes to account, amount, or xrate.)
- 09/01/97: Aloha 2.3.6 released.
- 08/16/97: Roland Caron won a copies of Home Inventory, MORGAN Pro, PowerRecorder, and MPG 3.0 for being the 150,000th visitor to the Catamount Software home page. You could be next!
- 08/02/97: MORGAN & MORGAN Pro 1.04 released. (English, French, German, Swedish, and Danish versions now available)
- 07/25/97: CigarBox 1.1 released.
- 07/21/97: MPG 3.0 released.
- 07/21/97: Win a free copy of PocketMoney at Newton Classifieds!
- 07/08/97: Justin Pepin of Vermont created the new Catamount Software banner. He is available for FREE graphical banner production.
- 07/06/97: Headaches have cleared. The party was a success. Thanks to the people attending, the weather (sunny & 74), the cooking, and the good Vermont beer.
- 07/05/97: Mark your calendars for the 2nd Annual Catamount Software Independance Day party on Saturday, July 5th.
- 05/25/97: PowerRecorder 1.2 released.
- 07/09/97: MPG 3.0f2 German language version released.
- 06/17/97: MPG 3.0f2 released.
- 05/11/97: Silk 2.0 released.
- 05/09/97: MORGAN and MORGAN Pro 1.0.2 released.
- 05/08/97: PocketMoney 2.1.1 released.
- 04/24/97: I’m back from the 2 week (non-Catamount) business trip but way behind. I’ll slowly catch up on everyone’s email. Please be patient.
- 04/15/97: MORGAN and MORGAN Pro released.
- 04/15/97: Happy Tax Day. I hope the government hasn’t stolen as much income from you as they have from me.
- 04/15/97: PocketMoney users with MP2000s that are getting an error when scrolling the category and account lists should delete ScrollMenus.
- 04/14/97: I’m on another business trip (until 4/23) so I am way behind on email agin. I will catch up asap. I promise this will be my last trip for quite a while.
- 04/13/97: Join us in a live Chat Sunday at 5:00pm EDT to discuss MORGAN – the Newton Media ORGANizer at the Newton Intelligence hosted chat
- 04/13/97: Aloha 1.1.2 released for Newton OS 1.3 users.
- 04/03/97: Aloha 2.3.5k released. – The “k” release is for MP2000 and MP120 Aloha users.
- 04/01/97: Announcing MORGAN – the Newton Media ORGANizer
- 03/27/97: Upgrading to the MP2000 - everyone please read.
- 03/27/97: Namigator 3.0 released. Works with MP2000 and NameDropper’s functionality builtin.
- 03/26/97: Due to the Germany trip I am way, way behind again on email and registrations. I will catch up asap.
- 02/25/97: MPG beta 3.0b4
- 02/25/97: How to Start a local Newton User Group
- 03/13/97-03/24/97: Catamount Software will be at CeBIT in Germany.
- 03/11/97: Silk 1.3 released. (MP2000 compatibility update)
- 03/10/97: March newsletter emailed. Have you bought software from Catamount prior to March, but haven’t receive the March newsletter? If you didn’t receive the newsletter then I do not have your correct email address. Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 03/05/97: Snoozey 2.0 released.
- 03/05/97: Help name my next new program!
- 01/29/97: Email Services 1.2 update available.
- 01/29/97: Phone Services 1.2 update available.
- 01/20/97:ExCHANGE 1.1- added the ability to download QIF and TDF files from the desktop into PocketMoney. This package works with Macintosh or Windows desktops.
- 01/16/97: Mobilis reviews of PocketMoney, MPG and other things.
- 01/15/97: MediaBox was mentioned in NewtNews last week…I will have a MediaBox info page online in a few weeks. Please be patient.
- 12/29/96: PocketMoney 2.03 update available. PocketMoney is available in English, German, Japanese, Italian, French, and Russian.
- 01/06/97: I’m will be at MacWorld Expo in San Francisco until 01/13/97.
- 01/01/97: New Year’s resolution- keep up with all incoming email. (and catch up on old mail)
- 12/13/96: MPG beta 3.0b3
- 12/03/96: Aloha has been updated to work with the change in AOL’s host protocol. Download Aloha 1.1.1 for NOS 1.3 and Aloha 2.3.4 for NOS 2.x.
- 11/09/96: Catamount Enhancement Pack 2.2 includes updates to three of the seven original packages.
- 11/09/06: Writer’s Calc 1.0.2 and AssistCalc 3.5.1 no longer strip white space when parsed with the Intelligent Assist/IGOR.
- 11/08/96: Shrinked wrapped version of PocketMoney now available for $49.95. The electronic version is available, too.
- 11/06/96: “On the Duty of Civil Disobedience” by Henry David Thoreau in Newton Book format(35k).
- 11/03/96: MPG beta 3.0b1
- 10/02/96: The Libertarian Platform in Newton Book format is now available (63k).
- 09/23/96: Assist Todos is a faster way to create ToDos via Assist
- 09/20/96: EP-FPS adds PocketMoney support to WalletWare’s ExpensePlus
- 09/15/96: Results of the Catmount Software HomeBrew Competition. See who won the MessagePad that was given away.
- 09/04/96: PocketMoney 2.01 Track your finances. Faster, smaller alternative to PocketQuicken.
- 09/02/96: The Browne ’96 Newton Book is stuff full of info (190k) on Harry Browne and his Presidential Campaign. Include info on his Platform, Acceptance Speech, campaign schedule and bio’s on Harry Browne and Jo Jorgensen. If you aren’t familar with Harry Browne and the Libertarians you should download and read this. An amazing number of people find that this party is what they most closely relate to. (My girlfriend did!)
- 08/07/96-08/10/96:MacWorld Boston: Catamount Software goes to MacWorld Boston. We had a very good show. Thanks to all of you who stopped by.
- 07/28/96: Aloha 2.3 - Newton based email for AOL
- 07/21/06: NoteHopper 2.0 - ease and speed your navigator of the Notepad
- 07/16/96: PocketMoney vs. PocketQuicken page
- 07/16/96: Catamount’s secure web site for online purchases. A fast and secure way to pay for my software. Buy now!
- There were many before this date, but I hadn’t thought of keeping track off all of the old announcements back then.